Sunday 5 February 2012

MAGAZINE ADVERT - CONSTRUCTION

As I previously stated in planning, I needed to keep continuity from my digipak and/or my promotional video which is why I used the still image me and my partner were able to capture of the vinyl.

As the format of a magazine is different to that of a digipak: approx A4 but definetely a rectangle by comparison with the digipak's almost 'square' shape. I realised I would need to change the format or use a different image. I wanted to use the same image so I scaled it up and cropped it on the right slightly as this didn't take off any of the vinyl itself. I still had a large area of empty space which I wanted to use for reviews and other details as I had seen on other full page ads in my research. I created the stars using microsft word as photoshop didn't provide the shape I required.


I wanted to include a list of the singles as typically included on an ad.

Feedback was positive about the layout and colour schemes, especially about the continuation of the Scrabble letter colour, lower in the ad. However, it was felt that the white lettering on the vinyl disc did not work, promting me to change it to the beige-like colour on the scrabble letters. I was told by my peers that I had not featured enough in the reviews section at the bottom and that the writing/stars needed realigning.

I had also realised myself that there was not any label information or vital details typically featured on an advert.

This is final draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment